Sunday, January 18, 2009

Medevac Chase Part II

I am back on another medevac chase mission for the next two weeks. This time I'm in Qalat, about a 45 minute flight to the North East of Kandahar. The living conditions are slightly better here, at least we have more space. I will post pictures soon. Unfortunately we have to go to a separate building to use the toilet/shower, and it is really cold here since it is winter and we are at a higher elevation, near the mountains.

We live in a tent that has been built up inside with wooden walls and ceiling. About half the tent is devoted to our "rooms" which are small, and made out of wall lockers and a sheet, but adequate. The other half is a living room with a couch, chair, home made couch, refrigerator, microwave, TV and DVD player. It is nice and certainly a step up from Farah.

That's it for now, but I will be adding pictures/stories soon!

2 comments:

  1. it's funny that you say it's better because from the sound of it, I'm picturing very, very 3rd world. So, I'm interested in seeing the pictures for sure. The question is....was it better living with a "mamita" in the mish or in afganistan?

    ReplyDelete
  2. by the way, it's me, Priscilla. I'm Enrichment committee for future reference.

    ReplyDelete