Wednesday, January 7, 2009

15 Days, 5.0 Flight Hours later, back where I started




Well, I finally got back to my room in Kandahar. It is nice to be back and to start to setup up my things. We didn't go on any medevac missions, which is good because that means no one got hurt, but that also means we didn't get to fly for two weeks. The only flying we did was to fly there and to fly back. It is a pretty boring flight, it is just a desert the whole way with a few mud houses every now and then. We did see a castle that was built by Alexander the Great I was told, one of our crew chiefs took a picture of it, as soon as I get it I will post it. The other cool thing is where the Yellow Desert meets the Red Desert, I don't have any pictures of it yet but when I can I will take some. Where they meet it is like a line where one side is yellow sand and on the other is red sand, pretty cool!


I am going to be on standby tomorrow, so maybe I will be able to fly! Until next time, I'll keep you updated.




Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment